Backyard blaze causes about $1,000 in damage
Fire officials say cigarette the likely cause of fire
Fire officials believe a cigarette was the cause of a backyard fire that damaged a gazebo-style tent Wednesday afternoon in Morris.
Just before 1 p.m., according to Assistant Fire Chief Tracey Steffes, firefighters from Morris Fire Protection and Ambulance District responded to a reported structure fire outside a residence at 530 E. Main Street.
Firefighters put out the fire, which damaged the tent and some lawn furniture. Steffes said the fire also damaged the tent's mosquito netting. He estimated total damage at about $1,000.
If you have any technical difficulties, either with your username and password or with the payment options, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com