Rising from the ashes
Community helping business owner recover from devastating fire
SENECA — Just a few hours after Morgan's Chicago-Style Eatery in Seneca closed up shop for the night Friday, July 13, a wire shorted above the ceiling in the kitchen, causing a major electrical fire in the building.
At about 1:50 a.m., Saturday, July 14, the Seneca Fire Department, aided by the Marseilles Fire Department, responded to the call of the fire discovery, Seneca Fire Chief Jerry Sears said.
"The back third of the building was destroyed," Sears said. "And there was heat and smoke damage in the front two-thirds."
If you have any technical difficulties, either with your username and password or with the payment options, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org