Combine problem leads to cornfield fire
Firefighters keep blaze from spreading to tree line, corn
A fire that started as a mechanical problem on a combine in a cornfield at 430 W. Nelson Road, Morris, spread over 40 acres on the farm around midday Wednesday, Sept 12.
A part on the combine overheated and started the field on fire, said Deputy Chief Bob Wills of the Morris Fire Protection and Ambulance District. Then the wind picked up and spread the fire further.
No one was injured in the fire and the portion of the field that burned had already been combined, Wills said. No crops were lost in the fire.
If you have any technical difficulties, either with your username and password or with the payment options, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com