NEW LENOX, Ill. — The Illinois Society for Healthcare Marketing and Public Relations (ISHMPR) honored marketing, public relations and communications professionals from across the state at its 2012 Annual Conference and Pinnacle Awards Presentation Nov. 1 and 2 at Courtyard by Marriot in Downtown Chicago. Silver Cross Hospital received 10 Pinnacle Awards.
Each year, ISHMPR sponsors the Pinnacle Awards to recognize excellence and achievement in healthcare marketing and public relations. This year’s program included more than 110 entries in 26 project categories submitted by 28 hospitals and healthcare systems from across the state. Entries were judged by the Wisconsin Society for Healthcare Marketing and Public Relations on their own merit in accordance with established criteria for project planning, implementation and overall results.
“The winning Pinnacle Award entries demonstrate a true dedication to quality and pride in project work,” said Stuart Bushur, ISHMPR Pinnacle Awards Chairman.
The Silver Cross Marketing Team and Community Relations, which is led by Ruth Colby, senior vice president of business development/chief strategy officer, includes Tracy Simons, director of marketing and community relations (New Lenox resident); Karen Helman, manager of marketing and community relations (Orland Park resident); Carol Banas-Hicks, community programs and senior advantage coordinator (Elwood resident); Ben Hernandez, e-marketing coordinator (Orland Park resident); and Gwen Ulmer, community outreach coordinator (Joliet resident) received a total of 10 awards for the following:
• Advertising Campaign: New Address. Same Special Deliveries
• Community Newsletter Category: Silver Cross Experience Special Edition
• Fundraising: The New Silver Cross Hospital Commemorative Book
• E-Marketing & Social Media Category: Silver Cross I.C.E. App (iPhone and Android)
• Integrated Marketing Campaign Category: Incontinence Online Risk Assessment and Silver Cross Hospital Relocating Campaign
• Public Relations Project: Replacement Hospital Patient Move
• Special Event: Illumination Opening Gala and Silver Cross Housewarming Celebrations
• Website Design and Development Category: New Hospital Microsite
As an affiliate of the Illinois Hospital Association (IHA), the Illinois Society of Healthcare Marketing and Public Relations (ISHMPR) is a group of healthcare marketing and communications professionals dedicated to offering networking, recognition and educational opportunities for professionals in the fields of healthcare public and community relations, marketing and affiliated services.