'Your heart just goes out to them'
Family displaced by Saturday house fire
A Saturday morning fire displaced a Morris family and caused about $100,000 in damage to their residence, according to Morris Fire Protection and Ambulance District officials.
Chief Tracey Steffes said that, at 7:35 a.m., the call came in to the Grundy County Consolidated 911 Center that there was a structure fire at 1034 Liberty Street. He said the fire appeared to have originated in the attic area.
"It was an accidental fire, caused by electrical (malfunction)," Steffes said.
If you have any technical difficulties, either with your username and password or with the payment options, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org