Mostly Cloudy
53°FMostly CloudyFull Forecast

'Small fire' causes minor damage to home

Steffes estimates damage at $3,000

Published: Friday, Aug. 9, 2013 11:10 a.m. CDT

A "small fire" caused an estimated $3,000 in damage to a Morris residence Friday morning, according to Morris Fire Chief Tracey Steffes.

The exterior wood framing of the building was on fire when responders arrived at 317 N. Division St. in Morris.

According to Steffes, some acid apparently leaked from a bottle onto the building's aluminum siding, causing a heat reaction that started the exterior wood framing on fire.

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Morris Daily Herald.

Watch Now

Player embeded on all MDH instances for analytics purposes.

[SPONSORED] Come check out the fall selection at That Perennial Place

More videos »