MORRIS – Jason Helland, Grundy County State’s Attorney, has announced that on Oct. 16 the grand jury returned the following indictments. The public is advised that a charge is merely an accusation and that a defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Kenton Pellegrini, 43, of Morris, was indicted for aggravated criminal sexual assault, a class X felony; criminal sexual assault, a class 1 felony; and aggravated battery, a class 3 felony.
Pellegrini was arrested by Morris police and taken to the Grundy County Jail on Sept. 28 on a charge of criminal sexual assault. The arrest followed an investigation of a female screaming in the 1200 block of Brendan Drive.
The indictment states Pellegrini allegedly committed the offense against a family member and caused her physical harm.
Pellegrini is out on $25,000 bond, 10 percent of the $250,000 set by the court. He is to have no contact with the alleged victim, his marital residence or children.
A class X felony is punishable with six to 30 years in prison. Helland said if convicted he would have to serve 85 percent of his sentence.
• Gerardo Carillo-Carrera, 47, of Morris, was indicted for the unlawful delivery of more than 15 grams but less than 100 grams of cocaine, a class X felony; and the unlawful delivery of more than one gram but less than 15 grams of cocaine, a class 1 felony.
• Charles Headley, 38, of Wilmington, was indicted for the unlawful possession of heroin, a class 4 felony.
• Lawrence Johnson, 23, of Harvey, was indicted for theft of more than $300, a class 3 felony.
• Kevin Pokosa, 33, of Des Plaines, was indicted for retail theft in excess of $300, a class 3 felony; and retail theft of less than $300 while having a previous conviction for retail theft, a class 4 felony.
• Jeremiah Pucci, 31, of Schenectady, N.Y., was indicted for cannabis trafficking, a class X felony; the unlawful possession of more than 5,000 grams of cannabis with the intent to deliver, a class X felony; and the unlawful possession of more than 5,000 grams of cannabis, a class 1 felony.
• Eric Spurgeon, 27, of Coal City, was indicted for the unlawful possession of heroin, a class 4 felony.