MORRIS – Grundy Workforce Services is holding several events in November for job seekers.
All Workshops are at Joliet Junior College, Grundy Workforce Services office, 1715 N. Division St. in Morris. Programs are supported by grants from the Grundy Livingston Kankakee Workforce Board, according to a news release from the organization.
• Workforce Investment Act: This orientation session will introduce you to all the job search and training services provided at the Grundy Workforce Services office. Participants will learn about eligibility requirements for free college/training scholarships. It will be from 10 a.m. to noon Monday and 10 a.m. to noon Nov. 18.
• Computer Skills Assessment: In partnership with the Grundy Housing Authority, Joliet Junior College’s Plus 50 Workforce Development program offers computer courses for individuals seeking computer skills for employment. In this workshop, the participant will take a skills survey to see where they are functioning. Assessments held from 10 to 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 12, 19 and 26.
• How to Develop a Resume: Get the tools to develop an effective resume and cover letter. Workshops are from 10 to 11 a.m. Wednesday and Nov. 20, and 1 to 2 p.m. Nov. 14.
• Transitioning Young Adults: This orientation session will introduce you to the free job search and training services available to those between the ages of 18 to 21. Workshops are from 1 to 2 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 13, 20, 27.
• Interviewing Skills: Learn how to prepare for a job interview so you will be confident and ready to make an impression. Workshops are from 10 to 11 a.m. Thursday and 1 to 2 p.m. Nov. 21.
• Networking Business Cards: Utilize these “business cards” to provide critical career and contact information with people you meet in social situations. Workshops are from 1 to 2 p.m. Thursday.
The Workforce Board oversees and sets policy for workforce development and training programs for Grundy, Livingston and Kankakee counties. Individuals are encouraged to register for workshops by calling 815-942-0566 or registering at www.grundyworkforce.com.