Local blood drives in the area
Several local blood drives are being held in the next few weeks.
To be a blood donor, individuals must be at least 17 years old, or 16 with written parental permission; weigh at least 110 pounds; be symptom free of cold, flu and allergies; and be in general good health.
Donors who have traveled outside the United States within the past 12 months should contact Heartland at 800-7TO-GIVE to determine eligibility.
Type O blood is especially needed, as it is the universal blood type that can be safely transfused into any patient.
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Baptist Church Of Channahon, 24466 Eames St.
• 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 26 at Cardinal Fitness of Channahon, 25445 S. Pheasant Lane.
• 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 25 at Coal City High School, 655 W. Division St. Students may sign up with a National Honor Society member or see Mrs. Lyons. Community members are welcome, but asked to call Mrs. Lyons at 815-634-2396, ext. 1903, to reserve a preferred donation time. Walk-ins welcome; appointments preferred. Every donor must have a photo ID with proof of age. Every donor will receive a free pair of comfy lounge pants.
• 2 to 6 p.m. Monday at Centrue Bank of Coal City, 660 S. Broadway St. Participants will be given a free “Hunger Games” themed T-shirt. To reserve a time or for information, contact Josh at 815-634-2131 or visit heartlandbc.org.
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 24 at Minooka Bible Church, 412 N Wabena Ave.
• 7:30 a.m. to noon Nov. 30 at Minooka Junior High School, 333 McEvilly Road, Minooka. Blood drive sponsored by the Knights of Columbus “Our Lady of Knock Council 12882” St. Mary’s of Minooka. Call John at 815-521-1970 to reserve a preferred donation time or sign up at heartlandbc.org. Every donor will receive a $10 Target gift card. Please bring a photo ID and eat a good meal before donating.