The Grundy County Health Department is providing resources of services available to those in need In light of the recent tornado disaster here in Grundy County.
Disasters, personal loss or the trials of everyday life can trigger a flood of emotions, according to a news release from the health department. Sometimes these emotions are fleeting, but sometimes they can lead to anxiety, depression and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. These emotions may be apparent during a crisis or they may not surface until weeks later. If you or someone you know is in need of counseling services, contact one of the following agencies.
• Grundy County Crisis Line, 815-942-6611: A confidential 24-hour hotline with counseling by trained volunteers covering such problems as family, marital, adolescent, drug or alcohol crisis.
• Grundy County Health Department – Division of Mental Health, 815-941-3138:
Providing outpatient counseling and psychiatric services to Grundy County residents who have Medicaid, Medicare or no insurance. Mental health counseling, substance abuse counseling, children and adolescent counseling and more than 60 counseling are offered. If you are a victim of the tornado, insurance and financial guidelines are waived.
The following agencies also provide Behavioral Health Services.
• Catholic Charities 201 N. Liberty St., Morris, 815-941-2560
• Crossroads Counseling Services 1802 N. Division St., Morris, 815-941-3882
• Grundy Community Volunteer Hospice 518 W. Illinois, Morris, 815-942-8525
• Institute for Personal Development 1401B Lakewood Dr., Morris, 815-942-6323
• Lighthouse Counseling 275 S. Broadway, Coal City, 815-634-3994
• NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) of Grundy County, 815-546-7626
• Self and Soul Guidance Center 1802 N. Division St., Morris, 815-942-3405