Early learning screenings scheduled in Grundy
The Grundy County Early Learning Screening team, which serves all school districts in Grundy County, will be conducting Early Learning Screenings for 3-, 4-, and 5-year-olds.
The instrument, The Developmental Indicators for the Assessment of Learning – Third Edition, is a developmental screening test designed to identify young children in need of further diagnostic assessment or who may be at risk for environmental or developmental reasons.
If you are aware of any preschool age child who would benefit from the screening program, inform his/her parents of the service available and have them contact Grundy County Special Education Cooperative, 725 School St., Morris, or call 815-942-5780.
Any child to be screened must have an appointment.
Screenings dates are as follows:
• Jan. 6: 8 to 11 a.m., Coal City Early Childhood Center, 755 S. Carbon Hill Road, Coal City
• Feb.1: 8 to 11 a.m., Aux Sable Elementary School, 1004 Misty Creek Dr, Minooka
• Feb. 28: 8 to 11 a.m., Minooka Primary Center, 305 Church St., Minooka
• March 12: noon to 3 p.m., Coal City Early Childhood Center, 755 S. Carbon Hill Road, Coal City
• April 5: 8 to 11 a.m., White Oak Elementary School, 2001 Dupont Ave., Morris