Woman dies after becoming trapped under home
CHANNAHON – A woman died after apparently becoming trapped under her home while trying to fix a frozen pipe.
Police Chief Jeff Wold said a neighbor found the body of Kathleen Moon, 52, Wednesday morning at the outside opening to the crawlspace of her Fryer Street residence.
“She had last been seen Sunday,” Wold said. “It appears she was trying to install a heat lamp under the house and got trapped.”
Moon lived alone. Her death does not appear to be foul play, Wold said.
Will County Coroner Patrick K. O’Neil said Moon was pronounced dead at the scene at 12:49 p.m. Wednesday.
“The preliminary autopsy [Thursday] shows her death resulted from asphyxia from being trapped under the house,” O’Neil said.