Grundy County indictments announced
MORRIS – Grundy County State’s Attorney Jason Helland announced on May 21 the grand jury has returned the following indictments. The public is advised that a charge is merely an accusation and that a defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Christopher Gillette, 28, of Dwight, was indicted for two counts of burglary to a motor vehicle, both Class 2 felonies.
• Stephen Heinzeroth, 24, of Dwight, was indicted for two counts of burglary to a motor vehicle, both Class 2 felonies.
• Kyle Kappeler, 23, of Coal City, was indicted for the unlawful possession of heroin, a Class 4 felony, and the unlawful possession of hypodermic syringes or needles, a Class A misdemeanor.
• Addison Shannon, 19, of Morris, was indicted for the unlawful possession of more than 30 grams but less than 500 grams of cannabis, a Class 4 felony.
• Jacob Smith, 19, of Morris, was indicted for the unlawful possession of a motor vehicle, a Class 2 felony; theft of more than $500, a Class 3 felony; and criminal damage to property in excess of $10,000 but less than $100,000.
• Sean Smith, 29, of Morris, was indicted for two counts of aggravated driving while under the influence, both Class 4 felonies.