Still no arrests made in Dwight shooting case
DWIGHT – Dwight police said the public has been helpful in the investigation into last weekend’s double-homicide, although no new developments were reported Wednesday.
Police said in a written statement released late Tuesday afternoon that they believe the shooting is “an isolated incident” and encouraged the public to continue to provide information.
No one had been arrested as of late Wednesday afternoon for the shootings that left two women dead.
Police Chief Tim Henson did not return a phone call seeking a comment on the case.
Donna Denker, 60, and Kelli Denker, 30, were shot and killed at their home at 200 W. North St. in Dwight. Police said they received a call at 4:38 a.m. Saturday from a man at the house saying he had been shot.
Dwight police did say in the statement issued Tuesday that the man is in stable condition. They also gave his age as 23.
In the statement, Dwight police said investigators are making progress on the case and encouraged the public to continue to provide information to authorities. Dwight has been joined by Illinois State Police in trying to solve the crime.
“Preliminary investigative details indicate that the shooting is an isolated incident,” the statement said.
Henson said in the statement, “We have no reason to believe that the public or community is in any danger, but as a precaution, we always encourage residents and community members to report any suspicious activity to police. We are working around the clock with our law enforcement partner to locate the offender who committed this heinous crime.”
Anyone with information should call the Dwight police hotline at 815-584-3132.