Scholarships awarded to area students
YORKVILLE – The Kendall-Grundy Community Action Board recently awarded scholarships to nine area students.
Janet Goehst and Sharon Schultz, members of Kendall-Grundy Community Action Board, awarded the scholarships at its annual dinner at Lakeview Grille restaurant in Yorkville. The scholarships are made possible by funding from Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, according to a news release.
The recipients were chosen on a competitive basis, based upon scholarship potential, commitment to civic affairs and career goals. The scholarships awards ranged from $1,000 to $1,500.
The scholarship recipients are:
• Tia Carr of Kendall County – Aurora University for Business
• Katarena Shiner of Grundy County – Olivet Nazarene University for Environmental Science and Geology
• Hannah Shiner of Grundy County – Olivet Nazarene University for Art
• Nathan Wegehaupt of Kendall County – Waubonsee Community College for Graphic Design
• Lisa Fauber of Kendall County – Bradley University of Business
• Jennifer Frazier of Kendall County – Concordia University-Chicago for Education
• Christopher Wynard of Kendall County – University of Illinois in Champaign for Business and Aerospace Engineering
• Thomas Rice of Grundy County – Joliet Junior College for Fire Science
• Baroosh Durrani of Kendall County – Chuck Girot Award, Benedictine University for Health Science